Community Services Block Grant
The purpose of the Community Services Block Grant programs is to assist communities in reducing poverty, revitalizing low-income communities and empowering low-income families to become self-sufficient. CSBG also brings community awareness to the struggles that low-income families face each day through poverty simulations for area organizations.
- • Low-Income Heating and Energy Assistance Program helps low-income families pay their heating bills.
- • Emergency Food and Shelter Program
- • CHOICES provides case management services to help clients become more self-sufficient by obtaining job skills, financial literacy education and linking clients to other community resources.
- • Educational Scholarship Program assists low-income individuals with their educational goals.
- • Food Pantries alleviate one stressor that low-income families face regularly
- This project is funded, in part, under a contract with the Cabinet for Health and Family Services with funds from the Community Services Block Grant Act of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
The Community Services Plan for State Fiscal Year 2015 can be viewed at any of Audubon Area’s county offices during the normal business hours of 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. You can also contact Carrie Blackham at 270-686-1692 for more information. Programs and initiatives of Audubon Area Community Services are funded in part by the Cabinet for Health and Family Services through the Community Services Block Grant.